40 servings / 10g scoop
The unique phosphate-bonded creatine in C.G.P. has an unparalleled advantage in its delivery by using an additional glycerol bond to facilitate rapid absorption. C.G.P. delivers a high energy boost to your ATP supply to help delay fatigue and maximize strength development.*
With more than 600 published studies backing its value for athletes and general fitness enthusiasts alike, creatine has long been one of the most popular sports supplement ingredients due to its well-established track record of safety and efficacy. While there are many forms of creatine, only C.G.P. has the unique double bonding of glycerol and phosphate to improve absorption, increase energy through enhanced ATP production, and provide better blood flow which increases vascularity and sustains harder muscle pumps. The superior absorption kinetics of C.G.P. means that there is no need for a loading phase and users will not experience bloating or cramping typically found in other creatines.*
How dose creatine function in the body?
- Creatine, synthesized in the liver and kidney, is transported through the blood and taken up by tissues with high energy demands, such as the brain and skeletal muscle, through an active transport system. The concentration of ATP in skeletal muscle is usually 2-5 mM, which would result in a muscle contraction of only a few seconds. Fortunately, during times of increased energy demands, the phosphagen (or ATP/PCr) system rapidly resynthesizes ATP from ADP with the use of phosphocreatine (PCr) through a reversible reaction with the enzyme creatine kinase (CK). In skeletal muscle, PCr concentrations may reach 20-35 mM or more as it is marginally rate limited. Additionally, in most muscles, the ATP regeneration capacity of CK is very high and is therefore not a limiting factor. Although the cellular concentrations of ATP are small, changes are difficult to detect because ATP is continuously and efficiently replenished from the large pools of PCr and CK. Creatine has the ability to increase muscle stores of PCr, potentially increasing the muscle’s ability to resynthesize ATP from ADP to meet increased energy demands.*
How does C.G.P. make you not retain water?
- Water retention from regular creatine is very common. The reason for the water bloating is due to the degradation of creatine to creatinine, which is a toxin caused from the breakdown of creatine that circulates in the blood that needs to be filtered out by the kidneys. Regular creatine breaks down very rapidly into creatinine, even before it gets to the muscle. C.G.P. (Creatine Glycerol Phosphate) does not make you retain water weight (edema) because of these 4 main reasons:
- C.G.P. is already bonded to phosphate, thus it is in the required and necessary PCr (phospho-creatine) state to prevent degradation from the creatine into creatinine.
- C.G.P. active reversible reaction from the enzymatic process of creatine kinase makes the supply very efficient for replenishment of ATP, therefore eliminating degradation of creatine into creatinine.
- C.G.P. can easily be replenished with phosphate bonds to continually replenish ATP levels.
- C.G.P. is in the required PCr (phospho-creatine) chemical configuration and is not as rate-limited in the body as regular creatine. Therefore, the body can store and utilize greater concentrations of C.G.P. as opposed to regular creatine.*
How long can I use C.G.P. continuously for?
- C.G.P. (Creatine Glycerol Phosphate) is safe to use continuously per the directions.*
More Products by Metabolic Nutrition
Looking for something else? Give us a call, we might have it, or can get it for you!