Seriously Delicious Fish Oil
Taste & Texture Of Yogurt!
16oz Bottle | 8oz Bottle
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Non-GMO | Wild Caught
MSRP: 8oz $15.98 | 16oz $29.99
Notice something different? Barlean's changed the name from Omega Swirls to Seriously Delicious Omega-3s and the labels have a fresh new look. We think these Omega-3 supplements are both serious and delicious which is why they’ve changed the name. But, don’t worry: nothing about our recipe is changing. They’re still the same, creamy delicious Omega-3 supplements you’ve always loved. Want to learn more?
- 3X better absorption of Omega-3s & NO fish burps
- 1080mg of EPA/DHA Omega-3 per serving
- Delicious taste and texture even kids love
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Sugar Free; no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners
- Made with highly purified fish oil: free of mercury and other heavy metals
Omega Swirl fish oils allow everyone to enjoy the benefits of Omega-3 without any fishy taste or oil texture - or large capsules to swallow. With its delicious fruit smoothie taste and texture, it’s the perfect solution for the whole family!
It’s probably no secret that after nearly 30 years of making healthy oils, we at Barlean’s we are very serious about Omega-3 nutrition. And if you’re a fan of our award-winning Omega Swirls, you also know that our Omega-3 supplements are undeniably delicious.
That’s why we’re excited to announce that we’ve changed the name of our Omega Swirl to Seriously Delicious Omega-3. But don’t worry: nothing about our recipe has changed. They’re still the same creamy, delicious Omega-3 supplements you’ve always loved! In fact, we think we’ve made them even easier to love.
Our new labels are easier to read and understand than ever before (plus they look a lot cooler!). The new look also brings the amazing features of our Seriously Delicious Omega-3 fish and flax oils front and center – all the same good things you’ve come to love and expect from Barlean’s revolutionary emulsified formulas:
- Emulsified for 3 times better absorption than traditional liquid or softgel fish or flax oils, so you get more of the Omegas you’re after (and no fish or flax burps!)
- Made with ultra-purified Fresh Catch Fish® Oil and/or Barlean’s famous flax oil
- No added sugar; sweetened naturally with xylitol
- No artificial flavors or colors
- Gluten free, dairy free and non-GMO
- Creamy, delicious smoothie-like taste and texture that even the pickiest kids (of all ages) love
- No hard-to-swallow pills or oily texture
- Mixes easily into smoothies, yogurt or oatmeal
- Great over yogurt or ice cream
- Seriously delicious right off the spoon!
Did you know that just because you take a supplement doesn’t mean you’ll absorb it? The human body is pretty finicky when it comes to what it will and won’t let through the small intestine (where nutrients are absorbed). And the form of the supplement you take makes all the difference.
The Form Makes the Difference
Consider vitamin E. You can purchase natural vitamin E (typically d-alpha tocopherol) or you can buy synthetic vitamin E (typically dl-alpha tocopheryl). Their chemical names sound a lot alike, but research has shown that the body absorbs three times more natural vitamin E than synthetic.*1
It’s a similar case with the Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. One absorption comparison study found that EPA and DHA are absorbed anywhere from two to nine times better from fish than from fish oil.*2
Absorption Versus Bioavailability
Remember how we said that just because you take a supplement doesn’t mean you’ll absorb it? Well, just because you absorb a supplement doesn’t mean you’ll utilize it.
Excuse us for getting technical on you, but it’s important to understand the difference between absorption and bioavailability. Absorption is how much of something is absorbed through the small intestine. Bioavailability is how much of something actually makes it into systemic circulation (in other words, your bloodstream) so you can use it.
Solving the Bioavailability Problem
Barlean’s has solved the bioavailability problem with Seriously Delicious Omega-3 (formerly called Omega Swirl), a line of emulsified fish oils with a smoothie taste and texture.
Several studies have shown that emulsifying fish oil — which breaks down large fat globules into smaller, uniformly distributed particles — significantly increases its bioavailability.
One study found that a solid gelled fish oil emulsion had double the bioavailability of fish oil soft gels, as determined by measuring participants’ blood levels of EPA and DHA after ingesting a single dose.*3 Another single-dose study found that a flavored fish oil emulsion had triple the bioavailability of standard fish oil capsules.*4
Because Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Omega-3 products have been emulsified, you absorb more omegas per spoonful than standard fish oil.
While many of us may think that we absorb all of the nutrients in the supplements we take, that isn’t necessarily true. Barlean’s uses a proprietary process to emulsify our oils, turning them into creamy delicious treats. This is important to you for three reasons.
- Enhanced Absorption: By emulsifying the nutritional oil in our Seriously Delicious products, we make the nutrients in them more bioavailable (absorbable) to your body. That means you get more nutritional value out of every spoonful. How much more? Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Omega-3 fish and flax oils are 3X more absorbable than typical fish or flax oil in liquid form or softgel form.
- No Fish Burps: We hate fish burps too! Ever burp back your fish oil? Not with Seriously Delicious Omega-3s! Oils can be hard to digest, and those burps are a sign your body is having trouble. Because you can absorb the emulsified nutritional oils in Seriously Delicious supplements better, you avoid those nasty after-burps.
- A Taste that Can't be Beat: The creamy texture and delicious taste of our Seriously Delicious products mean that even kids will ask for their fish and flax oils. Hard to believe, but it’s true!
Okay, so how does emulsification work?
It works like this: Our bodies aren't really great at absorbing oils. Ever feel queasy after eating something greasy or oily? That's your body's way of saying it's having a hard time processing it. When we consume oil or fat, our bodies automatically begin to break it down with digestive enzymes and bile in order to emulsify and micronize it (mix it with water and reduce it into smaller, easier-to-absorb molecules). Once emulsified, these molecules travel down into our intestines, where they are absorbed through the intestinal wall.
Barlean’s Seriously Delicious products are pre-emulsified, so the body doesn’t need to work as hard (and potentially lose valuable nutrients doing so). This process allows you to more quickly and efficiently absorb the nutrients into your bloodstream. And better absorption means you're actually getting more of the nutrients you're after.
*1 Kiyose C, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997 Mar;65(3):785-9.
*2 Visioli F, et al. Lipids. 2003 Apr;38(4): 415-8.
*3 Haug IJ, et al. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol. 2010 Dec; 113:137-145.
*4 Raatz SK, et al. J Am Diet ASsoc. 2009 Jun;109(6): 1076-81.
More Products by Barlean's
Questions? Give us a call!